Title: Digital Media Specialist
Reports To: Director of Communications
Classification: Full time (37.5) hours per week
The Santa Fe Institute is looking for a Digital Media Specialist to create compelling narratives using new media and digital tools. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Media Specialist will primarily manage our social media and audiovisual productions to create thoughtful engagement. They will also contribute to monitoring and documentation efforts on our online digital platforms.
- Coordinate and collaborate with communications team members and the wider SFI community to identify meaningful content to share on social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Mastodon, YouTube)
- Maintain a consistent voice for the Institute while adapting it to fit styles across platforms
- Contribute to creating digital communication kits that include short-form audiovisual elements
- Implement and support media campaigns aligned with SFI’s communication goals
- Populate, evaluate, and monitor our social and digital presence to inform and build positive engagement
- Stay up-to-date on digital media trends, patterns, and developments
- Manage and document SFI communications’ digital archives
Required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of social and digital media platforms, and their related trends, strategy, and metrics
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Experience producing and editing videos for web-based platforms
- Strong eye for photographic composition
- Ability to collaborate and develop ideas, openness to receiving constructive feedback, work in a team, and perform under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in science, communications, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in digital media or similar role
- Proficiency with media software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience in science writing or content production for digital or social platforms
- Experience in animation, graphics, data visualization, and design
- Knowledge of HTML and familiarity with content management systems
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2-3 references.
- Please also submit screenshots of 5-10 social media posts you have authored with hyperlinks to original posts, and samples of your writing and digital media products.
- Apply here.
The Santa Fe Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Women and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply, as are individuals who have taken unconventional paths in their careers.
SFI is a vaccinated community; to be employed by SFI and on-site you must provide proof of primary vaccination against COVID-19.