Title: Food and Beverage Coordinator
Reports to: Manager, Events and Visitors Programs
Classification: Hourly, full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of our food service which consists of daily catered lunches and afternoon tea. Additionally, this position will support a variety of SFI events (up to 10 events per year), including evening receptions and dinners; this position requires a flexible schedule and occasional weekend and evening hours, especially during peak periods.
This position is critical to the daily operations of the institute and does not lend itself to remote work.
- Set-up, break-down, and oversee daily, catered lunch service (M-F) for a daily average of 50 people, understanding that this volume fluctuates throughout the year; arrange afternoon tea (light refreshments, served in the kitchen, M-F)
- Order, shop, and stock kitchen supplies, paper supplies, and food for Cowan Campus
- Keep kitchen clean and tidy throughout the day, with an emphasis on lunchtime dishes and clean-up; this requires repetitive lifting of trays and loading a commercial dish sanitizer
- Promote a welcoming, inviting environment in all service areas, including making informal introductions as appropriate
- Verify bills from vendors and submit for payment approval
- Assist with special events; handle miscellaneous tasks, projects, or delegated responsibilities as assigned by the Manager, Events and Visitor Programs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of hospitality experience, general office experience, or retail experience required; ordering/inventory experience desirable
- Must be able to repetitively lift 20 pounds and occasionally up to 40 pounds – lifting and moving boxes, groceries, catering trays, as well as stocking supplies.
- Proficiency with technology is a must. Ability to learn new software packages helpful.
- Self-starter. Excellent organizational skills. Good attention to detail and good judgment. Strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal relations. Must have tact, diplomacy skills, and enthusiasm. Adaptable and able to work as part of a team.
- Must provide personal vehicle and proof of driver’s license and insurance.
The Santa Fe Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Women and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply, as are individuals who have taken unconventional paths in their careers.
SFI is a vaccinated community; to be employed by SFI and on-site you must provide proof of primary vaccination against COVID-19.