Job Title: On-site Services Coordinator, Miller Campus
Reports to: SFI Facilities Manager
Classification: Administrative Staff, Non-exempt, Hourly, Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
As a member of facilities team, the coordinator will assist with all aspects of SFI Operations, with a primary focus on hospitality.
This job is critical to daily operations and does not lend itself to remote work.
Duties for this position may change as needed which requires flexibility and adaptability.
- Opening and closing of the Miller Campus, located in Tesuque, to include all windows/doors
- Daily checks of the campus for tidiness, building failures, and security
- Direct vendors and follow through with necessary paperwork
- Check calendar daily for staff/visitors on-site attendance and events
- Clean coffee machine daily making sure the spout is removed and cleaned once a week
- Monitor supplies (coffee, milk, cream, snack foods etc..); reorder /shop if necessary
- Acts as catering supervisor or hospitality assistant or server, as needed
- Serve and stock morning nibbles
- Manage lunch schedule
- Create rotating menus for afternoon tea to include healthy and wholesome platters keeping budget in mind
- Facilitate daily teatime
- Assist in planning and executing all events as needed
- Assist Facilities as needed
• Ability to think ahead, work under pressure and with short turnaround time, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines, as well as having the desire and devotion to making every event a success. Ability to understand visitor and staff needs and connect them to the right person at the right time and to anticipate guests and event needs.
• Ability to work with various managerial styles and personalities, and to work as part of a team.
• Works with minimal supervision; ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion, and set priorities.
• Excellent writing skills, communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
• Familiarity with Macintosh and ability to use a wide range of software tools, including Salesforce, MaintainX, Wrike, Box, calendaring and email.
• Scheduling flexibility is required as there will be some evening and/or weekend work.
• Must have and maintain NM Servers License (SFI will cover costs).
• Must be able to lift and carry 30lbs
• Smart phone is required.
The Santa Fe Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively seek and encourage applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities.