The Santa Fe Institute seeks an original logo for our inaugural InterPlanetary Festival. To represent our InterPlanetary future, we're looking for a design that is aspirational, futuristic, streamlined, clean, dynamic, and powerful.
The winning designer will receive $1000 and recognition on SFI's website and social media. The submission deadline is March 15, 2018.
Part of a larger InterPlanetary Project, the first annual InterPlanetary Festival will draw space enthusiasts from around the world to Santa Fe for a celebration of human ingenuity, June 7-8, 2018. The festival will transform the Railyard District with an expo showcasing innovation and technology for space exploration. Concurrent with the expo, participants can enjoy open-air concerts, games, lectures and panel discussions, a Sci-Fi film showcase, art walks, talks, and installations, a costume contest, and interactive events centered around InterPlanetary topics and citizen science.
We’re asking for a mark to place beside the words "InterPlanetary Festival," but which can stand alone in its expression, too. We’re using the font PHOSPHATE for the title text.
- clean, without color limitations
- elegant when rendered in black & white or greyscale
- vector files preferred, though jpeg or png submissions also accepted
- must be original, having never been used elsewhere
- cannot contain copyrighted material
- must be easily reproducible, scalable, etc. as needed for website, social media and printed collateral
- Deadline: midnight, MST, March 15, 2018.
Submit your designs to Caitlin McShea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The logo will be selected by an InterPlanetary committee, with the winner announced on April 2, 2018. The winner shall receive a $1000 prize and artist credit on all InterPlanetary Festival platforms, merchandise, and printed collateral.
Make your mark on the universe!