The Santa Fe Institute is looking for a Facilities Team Member to assist with facilities maintenance, on-site and off-site events, record keeping, and more. If you find solving puzzles and making stuff happen satisfying, you might have found just the right team. SFI’s facilities team doesn’t just do maintenance (though they certainly do that) – they work to help facilitate the important conversations that happen here every day.
Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position coordinates responsibilities with other team members and supervisors to serve the entire organization, across our two campuses in Santa Fe, NM. This is a service-oriented job; team members must be amiable and pleasant with guests, visitors, vendors and other staff members. It demands strong interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility, and the ability to thrive in a team environment. Since the role is dynamic and priorities shift, strong organization skills are a must. Please note that this is an on-site position with no option for remote work.
- Work closely with the facilities team to prioritize and execute rotating duties across campuses
- Maintain, service, and conduct minor repairs on buildings and equipment on both campuses
- Perform a variety of duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, landscaping, safety, clerical, etc.
- Monitor work completed by contractors and tradespeople
- Comply with and uphold established safety guidelines and procedures
- Provide custodial support as requested, routinely moving office furniture and equipment, stocking supplies, and providing work feedback and status updates digitally
- Available to provide early morning snow removal before staff arrives
- Assist with events and vendor coordination
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends on either campus, as assigned
- Must have a valid NM driver’s license, current auto insurance, and the ability to tow a trailer.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and a clear background check are required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and to carry 40 lbs; willingness to do light or infrequent moderate manual labor.
- Experience with minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and general building repairs is a bonus.
- Comfortable using technology and learning new software platforms, applications, etc. Prior experience using Excel and Word are a plus.
The Santa Fe Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Women and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply, as are individuals who have taken unconventional paths in their careers.
SFI is a vaccinated community; to be employed by SFI and on-site you must provide proof of primary vaccination against COVID-19.