Ever wonder what SFI's scientists like to think about? How many countries SFI External Professors represent? Who SFI's 300-plus donors are?
Here are some things you'll find in SFI's 2012 Annual Report:
- A new project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will result in the first collection of standardized data on more than 7,000 slums around the world.
- A human gut, where billions of microbes live, is a great place to study and understand species diversity.
- SFI's 100-plus External Professors are affiliated with 75 top research institutions in 16 countries.
- SFI Omidyar Fellows go on to lead some interesting research after SFI.
- SFI's first Massive Open Online Course had more than 6,400 participants.
- More than 65 percent of SFI's funding comes from private sources.
Read SFI's 2012 Annual Report (May 2013)