We invite you to send in a candidate slogan for a new Alumni Community T-shirt. Entry deadline December 31, 2014.
Our Alumni Community forum is open to former SFI postdocs, Complex Systems Summer School students, and participants in our graduate and undergraduate education programs. The winning words should be infectiously clever, nerdy, somewhat to a lot irreverent, perhaps even double entendre'd. (You know, something you would wear.)
So put on your thinking cap and give us your best idea. Here are some rules that will more or less promote fairness.
1. Judges' decisions are final, correct, and above reproach.
2. You may enter more than once in separate email transmissions.
3. A good idea is a good idea, so people employed by SFI may enter and win (but we won't let anybody judge their own brilliance).
4. Your slogan should stand alone, without additional illustration.
5. As witty as you are, please Google your slogan to make sure it isn't already taken. (Example: "Unconventional Wisdom" -- taken!)
6. SFI may use, re-use, overuse, exploit, and otherwise suck the life out of the winning entry in any medium available in the universe in perpetuity with no additional compensation to you, implied or otherwise, whatever that means.
7. First prize: A Murray Gell-Mann bobble head doll, signed by Murray Gell-Mann; a winning T-shirt in your size; and the enduring respect of the SFI community.
8. We reserve the right to not declare a winner, if none of the entries are sufficiently clever, for example (awkward!).
Send entries or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2014. Sign up for the alumni community at alumni.santafe.edu
We'll list some top entries, and announce the cleverest, in the SFI Update.